Friday, January 31, 2014

Scrappy Hour Glass Doll Quilt

I am a huge fan of mini quilts. The instant gratification, opportunity to hand quilt, and being able to play with different fabrics make mini quilts the perfect project for me. I love Kathleen Tracy's civil war mini quilts. I have several of her books, and I recently finished a mini quilt top using her kit. It's sitting in my Hingerberg hoop in the process of being hand quilted.  By the way, do you remove the quilt from the hoop when you are not working on the quilt? I have been too lazy to do this...

I love how these "ugly" colors come together so nicely. 

Although I have no clue what I am going to do with it, I am enjoying the process of making this quilt. It looks like my "unfinished project" drawer has several more mini quilt tops waiting to be quilted. I better get on that!

Are you excited about Stitches West? Two of my knitting friends and I are taking a Argyle sock class together. I am beyond excited to spend time with them! 

No comments: