Friday, July 18, 2014

L.O.V.E. | Marimekko.

I am in love with Marimekko fabrics! Marimekko is a Finnish company known for their bright, simple, and modern prints. If you have a Marimekko store nearby, then you should definitely pay them a visit.

 Rows and rows of beautiful fabrics! It took me forever to make my selections.

I picked out some fabrics with smaller patterns so I can make potholders out of them. The flower prints are called "Unikko." There is a story on Unikko.

 I had an assembly line. 

 Love my finished pile of potholders!

 Sporting my new potholder in the kitchen.

 OK. I made more than a few, but they came together so fast!

I made these potholders following my tutorial. I modified the dimensions so they measure 8.5" when finished. What am I going to do with the rest of these potholders you ask? Well, I have a special plan for them :) 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend doing what you enjoy!

4 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

These are so fresh and fun! Thanks for the tutorial link as well. I Pinned it for future reference. :)

Alli said...

Your potholders are so happy! I wish I had a Marimekko store near me -- that's the kind of thing that I would treat myself to in person, but have a hard time paying for online (so expensive!). :D

Kristen Rettig said...

I love your kitchen cabinets!

Anonymous said...

THey are REALLY beautiful. SOOO cheerful.