Friday, January 6, 2012

Pressed, Unwashed, Cut, and All Ready to Go!

I visited my local quilting store and found the perfect fabric for the "I Spy Charm Swap" that I am participating in. I was surprised to learn that the store actually had a few fabrics from Sarah Jane's Children at Play collection! This is one of my favorite fabric lines; I was this close to buying the entire collection at one point online. I must say touching those fabrics in person at the store was so surprisingly satisifying!

Anyway, here is the fabric I selected for the swap. What do you think!? It's by David Walker - Hopscotch, Girls at Play. It was love at first sight. This print was just too cute to pass up. Also, I think the tiny figures are perfect for the "I Spy" theme.

The girl on the bicycle is my favorite.

We were asked not to pre-wash the fabric, which meant, I immediately started pressing and cutting it into 5"x5" squares. One yard of fabric turned into 56 squares. Ah! So relaxing and rewarding. Can I just do that going forward!?

 56 squares all ready to go!

OK! I am shipping these off to Jennifer tomorrow. Can't wait to see what others have picked out.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great fabric. I curious to see if you can get 50 different also great fabrics that would be really exciting!!
S

Maryse said...

It's super cute! I can definitely understand the excitement! Even I look forward to see what you will receive!

Angela Nash said...

That was a fun find - the tall bike is my favorite, too!

Katie said...

OH! How cute is that fabric?! My daughter would just love it! I've often thought of making her an I Spy quilt but the thought of collecting all those fabrics has always stopped me.

Kristen Rettig said...

This sounds like a fun project. I look forward to seeing your progress.

By local quilt store, do you mean the Quilting Bee? Aren't we lucky to have that store in our backyard? 30plus years ago it was a teensy store in Los Altos owned by the owner's mother when he was a little kid, now he and his wife and son run this new large store! It's fabulous!

Erin Kate said...

Adorable pattern!

Kat said...

very cute! what a lovely small print... so often a print like that would be too big. i can't wait to get a little piece in the swap!