Sunday, September 2, 2012

Zakka Style Bunny Pencil Case

I finally cut into my precious fabrics I ordered from Japan. They are part of the "Cute Flower" prints by Atsuko Matsuyama. I turned them into two adorable bunny pencil cases -- it was a good choice.

 Gingham bunny. 


Bunny with a hexagon tail.

These pencil cases were not easy, but so worth the extra time I put into them. The linings are straight edges on all sides so pencils and pens fit nicely in there. However, it's not one of those pencil cases where you can put tons of pens in there. Were you one of those individuals? I used to carry everything in my pencil case just in case I needed them. I think maybe four or five is the max for these cases. 

I made these for two little girls. Their birthdays are coming up, and I think they will enjoy them for many years to come. 

This pattern is from "Zakka Sewing." You can find a free copy here.

4 comments:

Babbellotta said...

these bunny's are adorable, did you draw the pattern yourself or can yutell me where you got it from pleae? my girl saw these and fell in love with them!

Kristan said...

Oh my gosh! I don't think I've ever seen anything so cute. You did a really great job. I want to make one too!

Christine said...

Oh so CUTE Sue!!! I want one! :)

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

Maryse said...

They are so cute! Doesn't matter the number of pens you can put in them ;-) Have a great weekend Susan!