Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sewing iPad Cover

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope your new year is off to a great start. I had an outstanding and very relaxing holiday break. I am ready for 2013!

So my first project of the year....

I made another iPad cover this afternoon for my mom following the same instructions I used about a year ago. The dimension listed is 9.5"x11.5", but I remember it was a bit bigger than I would have liked, so I adjusted the dimension this time to 9"x11", and it fits the new iPad perfectly!

 Love the matching orange. I think the lining is adorable! 

The beauty of this cover is that it's washable. I pre-washed all the fabrics used. 

This is still my favorite iPad cover pattern. I recommend this instruction to anyone who is interested in making one. It only took me about two to three hours. FYI, I only used one layer of batting to avoid having to sew too many bulky layers.

1 comment:

Alli said...

I love the fabrics you chose -- they're so happy! I have trouble using oranges... I wish I could put them together like you did!

Have you ever tried Fresh Lemon's gadget case tutorial? That's my favorite one; it looks almost the same as yours, but also has a zippered pocket for accessories. :)