Friday, November 21, 2014

Slouchy Hat for Toddler Girls

The weather has gotten a lot colder in the area so my little one needs a few more hats to keep her little head warm.  Of course I jump on the chance to make them vs. buying store made ones.  I had a hard time coming up with anything cute through Ravelry, but found this adorable Amour Slouchy Hat through etsy.  It's a super easy pattern to follow; I finished the whole thing in one weekend!  I feel like I spent more time waiting for the hat to block than to knit it!

Ok.  Is she not the most adorable little girl in that hat?!

I blocked the hat using a small desert plate. 

I didn't end up making the ribbon flower that the pattern recommended.  I had a hard time creating the same look, so I ended up crocheting the flower.  I found a great video tutorial on Crafty Gemini.  I usually don't enjoy crocheting but this flower was so much fun! 


Oh I think we will be wearing this hat every chance we get! :)



3 comments:

Christie said...

So cute Sue!

Alli said...

What a little cutie! Your hat and baby are adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

This is really the CUTEST hat ever!!!! I absolutely feel in love when I saw baby and hat in person. Didn't know you made it --although I suspected. SOOO amazing.XXXXX