Tuesday, February 10, 2015

In Love with NYC

I had a chance to spend a few hours in NYC, and I made sure I stopped by Purl Soho.  This shop has been on my "places to visit" for a long time.  It's conveniently located in Soho, so it was easy to stop by.  The store did not disappoint; everything inside was just beautifully displayed.  I wish I could spend more time there.  Below are some photos; see for yourself!

 Display by the window. 

 Yarn heaven!

 An entire wall dedicated to Liberty fabrics!

I also made sure I stopped by the Garment District.  It was really fun to walk down streets full of fabric stores.  Most of the stores were closed on Sunday (when I was there) and they carry a small collection of quilting fabrics.  The best part of my visit was meeting students who are studying fashion design at schools nearby. 


The City Quilter was a short walk from my hotel.  The shop was inviting and inspiring.  They had lots of nice quilting fabrics and many quilted on display.  The shop owners were super nice too. 


New York city was so fun but so cold.  I did not shop as much as I thought I would at these craft stores.  I guess I am saving up for Stitches West.  Are you planning to attend?  I can't hardly wait!  I am still super into knitting socks these days.  What about you? 

3 comments:

Alli said...

That looks like such a fun trip! I want to goooo! We thought about taking a day trip down to NYC when we visited Schenectady last year, but chickened out. >_<

Maryse said...

Looks like you have been in all the good spots! Too bad you were there while it was so cold :)

Maryse said...

Looks like you have been in all the good spots! Too bad you were there while it was so cold :)