Friday, November 4, 2011

Aaron's Favorite Things at Age Two

I have an adorable nephew, Aaron. He is two and reminds me of curious George. He loves going to the park with his aunt (that would be me) and uncle. I started a quilt for him a year ago and finally got around to finishing it last month. I hand appliqued trains, cars, hot air balloons, and airplanes; these are his favorite items. Although he was only a year old last year, he could say "airplane! trains!"So of course, I had to make him a quilt with all these items.

100% handmade

All aboard! Choo Choo! I cut out these trains from the fabric and applique them onto the quilt. The name of the fabric I used is called "Choo-Choo Puppy" by Kate Honarver" for Timeless Treasures, Inc. 

These trees are my favorite part of the quilt. I cut out red apples from a cherry fabric and embroidered the apple stems.

I used up some cute scrap fabric for these cars, they are perfect for it! I love that flower bed fabric you see here.

Hot air balloons

Airplane

This airplane took a long time, I redid the windows three times!

Not sure if I like this airplane so much.

Pink hot air balloon, a little bit of pink is okay! Right?

I used a car and airplane theme fabric for the back of the quilt. It's called "On the Go" by Jill Webster for Clothworks. The fabric I used for the binding is by Ann Kelle; you can find it here.  
 
I hand quilted this quilt using circles of different size, I love the way it came out. It will be so hard for me to give it away, but I know Aaron will enjoy it very many years to come.

3 comments:

Maryse said...

Fantastic! So many details! Your nephew will enjoy every details that's for sure!

cinzia said...

Wow! i am so impressed. you are a skilled quilter for sure! Your nephew is one lucky boy. this quilt is so much better than a plastic truck!

Isabelle said...

I totally love the quilt.
All the little details are super adorable.

I'm pretty sure that the little boy will love it !!