Sunday, August 26, 2012

Toast, anyone?

A few years ago we got a very nice toaster oven from Williams-Sonoma as a wedding gift. That was perfect because that meant our old toaster can be used to bake clay! I finally had a chance to dig out that old toaster today and made tiny stitch markers with polymer clay. It's as if I don't have enough hobbies as is. Yikes!

They are so tiny! They measure less than half an inch. 

I love the way the toasts and the sushi turned out, but I'm not sure about the donuts. I think I need to do something different with the frosting. It didn't come out as pink and white as I would have liked. 

These make perfect knitting stitch markers! I can't wait for the weather to get cooler so I can start knitting using these tiny stitch markers! Now that I am hooked, I must pick up more clay in all colors available. I see endless possibilities with polymer clay in the near future... perhaps sewing pin toppers?

2 comments:

Maryse said...

Love the little toasts! So tiny! ;-)

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, those are so cute!