Sunday, August 19, 2012

Watermelon Seeds

I completed the most adorable watermelon socks this week using Felix self striping yarn gifted to me by Maryse. Not only is Maryse a fantastic knitter, she also has excellent taste in yarn. Check out her blog when you have a chance; you will not be disappointed. I am in love with this self striping merino yarn that she got me. Check out the seeds in this yarn! Who knew watermelon and socks had something in common!

Happy toes!

I made this pair of ankle socks following Alison Blue's free pattern online. These socks come with adorable pom poms, but I haven't gotten around to it. I just couldn't wait to snap a few photos to share with you. This is a great on the go or traveling pattern. It's so ridiculously simple! It does require using short-row technique, but you can master it in no time given all the free tutorials on YouTube. The heel and toe areas were both made using the exact same short row techniques.

I am a huge fan of ankle socks, so this pair is perfect for me. I look forward to sporting these! Is winter here yet!?

 Thank you, Maryse! :)

2 comments:

Maryse said...

You are so welcome! You knitted the most adorable little socks! I do love this yarn! ;-) Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Great colors. THey look SOOO cozy too.