Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mini Apron for Dish Detergent Bottle

I think I may have made one of the cutest items for my mom's kitchen this weekend! My mom has this detergent bottle that "I" find extremely ugly, so I decided to dress it up a bit. I created a pattern that will allow this apron to be reversible with some type of pleats or ruffles around the edge. Ruffles ended up very difficult to work with, mainly because they were too small, too ruffly and too curly.

The front side.
I decided to use the pleats instead, super happy with how they turned out.

The back side.
with a red heart pocket.

Ugly soap detergent bottle all dressed up! I swear I don't understand what this detergent is...

Here is how the back looks all tied up.

I think I will do the dishes for my mom tonight! 

Let me know if you are interested in a free tutorial, I am happy to write one up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your little apron and would like a tutorial.
Thanks