Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Lovely Surprise

We have these crazy pinkish flowers that have been growing in a corner somewhere in our backyard. Then one day, my husband said that he thinks these flowers will be very pretty in a vase. And wow! He was right!

I am so in love with it!

It's amazing how these flowers look so different when they are cut up and placed inside this nice vase in our kitchen. I guess I will stop and "smell" the flowers more often? 

Remember this quilt I started awhile back? It has taken me quite awhile to hand quilt it, but take a look at these beautiful stitches. Sorry for the bad photo, but this lighting somehow shows off the stitches very well. I wish I could take a better photo to show you how beautiful these stitches are. 

I still have about 35 blocks to quilt... let's just say I can't wait to finish this. 
Anyone wants to bet when this will be done?

3 comments:

Maryse said...

Beautiful display of flowers! I love it too! And your quilt looks amazing so far! Go go go!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers and quilt! I have no idea how long it would take to do a quilt... but knowing you, you won't let it go on for too long.

Kristen Rettig said...

Pretty pictures in your post. The flowers look like you dipped them in kool-aid!

When doing a long term project like a quilt, I just remember how much I love the process, eventually it will get done! I love the traditional look.