Friday, February 3, 2012

Lemon Blueberry Cake

My good friend inspired me to bake this week; she tried this Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe, loved it, and shared it with me. As soon as she forwarded it to me, I knew I had to make it. Fortunately I had everything this recipe calls for. I have a nice and healthy lemon tree in our backyard, and I think it had over 70 lemons just a few weeks ago! I made two batches and used five lemons in total. I grated these lemons into lemon zest and they smelled so good! I had to take a break in between though. Who would have known grating is such a tiring activity?!

These frozen blueberries came out good!

I made two mini loafs without walnuts for my husband; he has a thing against walnuts. Weird?! But the larger load I made with walnuts were amazingly good. I don't have a photo of it, but you will just have to imagine it. By the way, the name of this recipe is Lemon Blueberry "Bread," but I think it's really more "cake."

Lemon blueberry cake with lemon glaze.

I know, I am sorry... you are probably salivating over this, but hey! The recipe is so simple, and you probably already have all of the ingredients. So go ahead! Make some, you will love it.

1 comment:

Maryse said...

Thanks for sharing! They look so good! I love lemons and blueberries!