Monday, February 20, 2012

Meet Jane

Wow! I think I have spent every minute of the last 48 hours sewing up this little doll. Eating, sleeping and showering were just things that had to be done; sewing and finishing this doll was my one and only priority. See for yourself.

 Jane measures 20"x9". She is wearing pants with lace!
 
Jane writing a thank you card for her friend.

 Jane standing up with the help of my husband.

Jane sleeping. Sorry, the hat doesn't come off! LOL

This was my first time making dolls. This all started on Saturday when I found this whimsical doll book from my bookshelf. I knew that this would make a perfect long-weekend project, but I didn't realize how much fun I would have sewing her up. I went to Jo-Ann Fabric four times this weekend; each time for something I forgot to get the previous time. But no worries, the store is only five minutes from my house! Thank goodness.

I spent the most amount of time and energy on the doll's face. I have always been picky when it comes to faces and expression of all stuffed animals and dolls. The face determines the mood of the doll and makes each doll unique and special. I wouldn't have continued with this face if I wasn't happy with the eyes, nose, and mouth. 

I think I am officially addicted to making dolls. This is the first of many more to come. I made this without anyone special in mind, but I know that this doll would make little girls so happy. I, for sure, would have enjoyed having a doll like this growing up. I think Jane needs a doll quilt and pillow. By the way, Jane sits on top of our fire place in my center corner to keep me company.

What do you think? Do you have kids who would enjoy dolls like this?

I hope you are enjoying your long weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane is SOOO beautiful! I can't wait to see her smiling face in person.

Maryse said...

She's so pretty!

Unknown said...

Perfect face! Great job!

Alli said...

Wow, Jane is amazing! Her face is so happy! I never would have guessed it was your first time making a doll. O_O

Vicki said...

Jane is so cute! You did a beautiful job! Can't believe it's your first doll! What book did you find her in?