Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wow! I Paper Pieced Something!

I have always wanted to try paper piecing, but was intimidated by the process. Have you heard of or tried paper piecing before? You are basically trying to sew a bunch of small pieces of fabric together using a sheet of paper. Yes, sewing with paper! How weird is that, right?

Anyways, I finally gave paper piecing a try for the very first time today. Instead of trying with something simple, I went with this little fox. And O M G, I did it! Take a look!!!

Isn't she adorable!? 

That's it. I love paper piecing! You bet I will be making many more; I plan to make a yellow fox to go with this one. The eyes took me longer to embroider than this entire fox, arg!

SO happy :)

3 comments:

Alli said...

You did a great job! That's super cute! :)

Anonymous said...

So cute! Did you sew the fabric to a piece of paper? Do you use thread?
Sue

cinzia said...

Looks fabulous. Great job on your first try!