Friday, May 25, 2012

Fabric Shopping Spree

Many of you know I have a thing for orchids. My mom bought me another gorgeous one on Mother's Day this year. I am not sure how she does it, but she always seems to know exactly what I love. I almost bought this orchid just a few days before she did. It looked just like the one she got me!

Absolutely love these little pink flowers!

I had "free" time to cruise around Michael's today and found those adorable birdies. They are so perfect for my orchids. I have different types of birds in each of my orchids planters. Oh they make me so happy; it's the simple things in life. Isn't it? 

I also went on a crazy fabric shopping spree in person and online. Check out what arrived this week!

Yes, I know. I have a thing for Japanese fabrics. 

Okay, here is the thing.... my biggest purchase hasn't arrived yet from Japan. It will take awhile, but I simply cannot wait to have them in my hands!

I got to spend many hours today sewing up this little adorable project. I can't wait to share more pictures with you when I am done with it. It's made with a special recipient in mind. 

Vintage blue duckie. 

Have a wonderful long weekend enjoying what you love doing.

5 comments:

Maryse said...

Enjoy the long weekend Sue! So well deserved right? Beautiful orchid!

Unknown said...

Those orchids are lovely and the fabrics and ducky are so cheerful!

Kristen Rettig said...

I love that blue ducky!

Beth said...

Those fabrics are adorable! And that ducky!

EPF said...

Susan, just found your blog through Madam Samm. Love the floor mat - its now on my to do list. I am also from a small town in Northern California. I live in Arizona now.