Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mug Rug Round Eight - Spring Swap

I signed up for another round of swap for mug rug; this is one of my favorite Flickr groups. Everyone is so talented, engaging, and kind! I love seeing work people post, and the best part of all this is the joy of making something special for someone in mind. The theme for this swap is Spring, and my partner loves tulips. I decided to go with a simple look to feature this tulip.

It measures approximately 8"x8.5".

I used my precious Japanese taupe fabric as the background and made a ribbon with a fabric covered button. It's pinned onto the mug rug so the recipient can remove it easily. I forgot how to make fabric covered button and had to look up my own tutorial! Unbelievable... I also stamped a ladybug on the leaf.

Here you can see a closeup of this beautiful taupe fabric. I love the pattern.

Denyse Schmidt for the background and border.

I hope my partner will like this. Partner: If you are reading this and don't love it, please comment on Flickr, and I will make another one for you. Time to gather goodies to ship along with this!

3 comments:

Maryse said...

So cute! I always love that the front and back of quilts can have such a different effect! Love the little So Sue tag! Have a great weekend!

Erin Kate said...

Adorable! And so springy!

Jennifer said...

I love it! And the fabric with text is such a nice touch.