Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Surprises in the Mail

There was a package on my door step today when I came home! I immediately knew it was for me for Spring Swap v.8! I literally dropped everything on the floor by the door and went looking for my scissor so I could open up this baby. 

And wow! There was not one, but two mug rugs! Sue at Beachgirl Sews was my secret partner and let me tell you she really spent some time spying on me and making something just for me.

Sue used reusable grocery bag from Trader Joe's as the envelope! I love Trader Joe's; what a creative idea.

Here is the first mug rug she made me. I am really into free motion echoing these flowers in black. Check out that butterfly! Those flowers scream spring and looking at them makes me smile.

This is just so me! Lime green and pink.... Ah! It's so perfect. Sue knows I like Drasden plate and yo yo's. The greeting card in the photo was handmade with fabric sewn onto it. I really like it :)

Okay, and there is more! Can you believe it!?!?

 Elegant pink and lime green charms for me to sew with! Here are some of my favorites.

I have both of these mug rugs hung on my walls in my sewing corner. There is no way I am going to put my dirty coffee mug on these! Sue: you are way too generous. Thank you for everything you included and for every second you spent learning about me and for making me these mug rugs. I will treasure them! 

By the way, my secret partner received the tulip mug rug I made her today as well. Happiness all around; that's the magic of secret swaps!

No comments: