Monday, July 18, 2011

Disastrous Pouch Making Weekend

I am participating in Round 2 of the Pretty {little} Pouch Swap, and can I just tell you how stressful it has been? I only have myself to blame. I was thinking to make my partner something really unique, not just a flat or boxy pouch. Note: there is nothing wrong with flat or boxy pouches, I love those; I just wanted to challenge myself.

So I thought I would put my Denyse Schmidt's Picnic and Fairgrounds collection to use. I tried to use this collection with linen, but linen was simply too difficult to piece with, so I gave up and simply used this ivory fabric.

Yea, not very exciting at all. Toss to the trash can; I don't like it. 


Back to the drawing board.... I revisited all of my fabric and stared at them.... B L A N K.... nothing came to mind. I must say, designing for this swap has been very challenging. Below is a picture of what I ended up making.

Okay, what is this? *rolling my eyes*

Can someone tell me what the heck this can be used for? I really don't like this at all. I like the design and the combination of the fabric I used, but I find the construction poorly done and just don't like the quality of it at all! My sweet mom tried to make me feel better by suggesting "it's a CD case!!" Good idea, but still, the quality is not up to my standard, and I feel guilty sending my swap partner something I don't like. 

This one will sit somewhere in the reject bin for a long time; we are not on speaking terms at the moment.

Back to the drawing board again.... I must come up with a better design for this swap. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your mom is right it would be a great CD case. It would also make a cool little shoulder purse with a cord added to the two top corners. I love the quilting and the colors. So cheerful.Lots of women like small lightweight purses to hold just credit cards and keys. You will yet enjoy this. I still have (and enjoy) the rejects from the pottery I made for my sister's engagement gift over forty years ago! I kept remaking tea sets until I got something I liked.
The other Sue L.