Sunday, July 3, 2011

Meet Mr. Domo

I found out recently that my friend was throwing a surprise birthday party for her boyfriend who was turning 30; theme for the part was Domo. Apparently, he loves Domo! Have you heard of Domo? Domo is the official mascot of Japan's NHK television station. My friend ordered cake pops in the shape of Domo! So of course, I had to make this for her boyfriend to help them celebrate his 30th birthday!

Not bad, huh?
I modified Rebecca Danger's Daphne and Delilah the Mama and Baby Monster pattern. I didn't knit this entire project on circular needles, the red section was done knitting straight back and forth. The red section was across 24 stitches! That's simple too many stitches to carry the brown yarn across, so I had to knit the red section on its own, then do the same with the brown section, and stitch them up.

This was a bit tricky, but it worked out!

 Domo all done, waiting to be assembled! :)

I hope the recipient likes it!

1 comment:

ctambalo said...

Susan-THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I love it! You are super talented. I appreciate you going out of your way to make him for me! Looks like it wasn't easy.

You don't even know how many dollars I've spent @ gmall trying to win one from a claw machine with no luck, lol. Definately having a custom/one-of-a-kind Domo is way cooler! Thanks for making my day!

Your creativity ROCKS!!! Keep it up! :)

-Chris & Domo :p